1. Access and egress the trail only at approved access points. The riverbank can be unstable along certain sections.
2. Check this website for updated conditions, grooming reports and closures. It will be updated daily.
3. Know your limits. 9 kilometres is a long way and will take an hour to skate or more. Remember it is also 9 kilometres back.
4. Check the wind direction, you may not feel the wind if it is at your back and may be an issue when skating in to it.
5. Slow down when approaching the bridges. Sand from the streets above can sometimes fall on to the trail.
6. Remember the River is a moving organic entity. Surface cracks can appear anywhere along the trail. Be vigilant.
7. On snowfall days please stay off the trail until we can clear it. Packed snow is very hard to remove.
8. Keep back from the flooding machines, tractors and Zambonis.
9. Respect private property and stay away from outfalls and thin ice signs.
10. Keep your litter with you and dispose of it properly.